Phone: (02164) 220849 Email: email@example.com
Shikshan Mandal Karad’s
Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Karad
Empowerment of Girl Students in Pursuit of Knowledge ,Values and Self –Reliance
The college has highly qualified teaching faculty, many of who have proved their excellence in teaching, research and publication.
I appreciate your visit to the college website. Here is the brief introduction of the college, for details please go through the website or you will be always welcome if you personally visit our college.
We believe -Education is the Transmission of Civilization…………….
Mahila Mahavidyalaya ,Karad
Mangalwar Peth , Karad 415110,
Tal-Karad ,Dist-Satara, Maharashtra
Ph– 02164– 220849
Shikshan Mandal Karad’s
1. 1986 – Establishment of Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Karad with 49 students under the leadership of Principal A.R. Douza offering B.A. & B.Com. courses.
2. 1990 – Organization of Non Formal Educational classes for slum children.
3. 1992 – Started Health Check up of students by specialized doctors of Karad.
4. 1994 – Received permanent affiliation.
5. 1994 – The college moved to the current premises inaugurated by Ms. Sujata Manohar, Chief Justice, Bombay High Court.
6. 1994 – Started organization of Food Festival by the Department of Home Science.
7. 1995 – Organization of Youth Festival at district level.
8. 1995 – Organization of AIDS awareness programme under ‘University Talk AIDS & the college was selected as Peer college.
9. 1996 – Organization of university zonal & inter- zonal sports.
10. 1998 – Celebration of ‘Tap Purti’ Mohotsav. (Programme)
11. 1998 – Launching of IT education centre.
12. 1999 – Organization of national level conference of P.E. (NAAPES)
13. 1999 – Ms. Nalawade Aparna S. received Dhananjay Keer & P. Sadashiv Ayyar Award for standing first in the order of merit in English in Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
14. 2000 – Inauguration of Non Resident Student Centre.
15. 2001 – Ms. Shubhangi Karande won Shiv Chhatrapati Award of Maharashtra Govt. for weight lifting & power lifting.
16. 2002 – Organization of Central Assessment Programme of Shivaji University.
17. 2005 – Aditi Paranjape won P.C. Alexandar Trophy at state level Elocution competition.
18. 2006 – Ms. Roopali Bhagwat, NSS volunteer participated in Republic Day Parade
19. 2007 – Started Centre for Distance Education of Shivaji University, Kolhapur for external students.
20. 2007 – Ms. Amruta Pise attended National Integration & Adventure Camp of NSS at Vellore, T.N.
21. 2008 – Geography Post Graduate & Research Centre started
22. 2009 – Computerization of the office was completed
23. 2009 – Well equipped GYM has been set up
24. 2010-11 – Ms Neeta Keshav Mane (English) secured first rank in the B.A. exam of Shivaji University in English Special as well as Compulsory subjects.
25. 2011 – Computer Lab was set up
26. 2011 – Construction of Ladies Hostel completed
27. 2013 – Celebration of ‘Silver Jubilee’
28. 2016 – On 30 Jan. 2016 Shivaji Vidyapeeth Manasshastra Parishad’s (SVMP) 2nd State & 10 University Level Annual Conference in collaboration with Department of
Psychology on ‘Role of Psychology in Women Empowerment’
29. 12 & 13 Apr. 2016 Shivaji Vidyapeeth Bhoogol Shikshak Sangh, Kolhapur (SVBSS) & Department of
Geography’s National Conference on ‘Industrialization, Urbanization & Environmental Issues’
30. The college introduced Psychology at Special Level for B.A. III in 2016-17.
31. 9th Oct.2016 Shivaji Vidyapeeth Samajshastra Parishad’s (SVSP) 9th State Level Conference in collaboration with Department of Sociology on ‘Challenges of Indian Agrarian
32. In 2016-17 Ms. Poornima Kalekar of B.Com. I secured first prize in District level Avishkar Research Fest & participated in University level competition.
33. Ms. Simran Bhadule secured First position in the order of Merit among Backward Class students at the B.A. Exam o f Shivaji University, Kolhapur in 2016-17 & secured fourth place in the
general merit list for B.A.
33. Ms Shivani Zunjar (Economics) secured overall third position in the University merit list for B.A. in 2016-17.
34. Thirteen students secured Shivaji University merit scholarships for 2016-17.
35. The college secured a grant of Rs 10 lacs under CSR in 2016-17 which was utilized to install ten interactive boards in 10 classrooms. A grant of Rs. Four lacs was also received under CSR for
Skill Development of students.
37. Ms. Tejaswi Metkari secured third prize in state level elocution competitions in 2017-18.
38 Ms. Dhanashri Phadtare represented the University Soft Ball team at the national level Inter-University Games.